View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 01:10 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default How do you know you are overexerting...

In the previous post I detailed my injury. I am just 4 days into this new hit, while still recovering from a previous concussion that had been healing well for the past 13 months. But, I was not fully headache free when I re-injured myself four days ago.

My question is how do you go about telling if you are going way past a threshold you can handle..
What are some key signs of the fact that you are pushing it but not beyond a point you can handle. I know it's so subjective and there's so much trial and error, but I really just don't want to take any big leaps.

- in the past, I simply relied on my headache getting suddenly intense mid conversation and just struggling with coming up with any thought. Then having to reboot and try to escape from that conversation. That really screwed me up because I kept getting myself into engagements I wasn't prepared to handle.

- but in the past four days, I am finding that conversations are again very very exhausting for me. I figured this would be the case so I have not had any conversation more than a couple of minutes just to make sure I don't go past a limit that sets me back too much. I feel exhaustion setting in after every sentence I utter.

I am curious how people manage to manuever the line between pushing past your previous day's threshold without overexerting and causing a big setback.

The first 48 hours I was in complete cognitive rest, but I think in the following days I should engage the world, albeit in very measured small steps to get continue improving.
hermanator90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote