View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 04:41 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
Snoopy & Jo, thanks for your suggestions.

Snoopy, yes I do have a podiatrist. I might be changing, though, due to distance.

I think most of my problem is that I walk around the house in socks 99.9% of the time. My drop foot makes it nearly impossible to wear shoes in the house unless I want to risk falling. I've bought nearly every kind of contraption on the market to help Plantars Fasciitis but none seem to help much.

Some days are better than others. With my MS if I sit too long my legs start to cramp so I have to at least stand up to stretch every 15 minutes to half hour.

I take Advil which is the only OTC med that seems to help.
Have any of your doctors talked about an AFO? I have foot drop on the left foot and got a super lightweight carbon fiber AFO, you can barely even feel it.. there was another apparatus which just attached around your shoe laces and wrapped around the ankle, but my ankle wasn't strong enough to control the foot with that one. But even the larger brace is comfortable enough to wear around the house, might be worth looking into at least after they figure out what's happening with the foot itself