Thread: frustrated...
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 01:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've had the gammet done. mri, ct and cta to r/o arterial occlusion. I do have DJD of all cervical discs PLUS small herniation at c-5/6/7. But Neurosx told me that wasn't causing my symptoms.
I have compression of all three nerves (radial, medial and ulnar) but with compression of radial and medial it can stem from other areas. The test my doc ordered is across the thoracic outlet. Which has to start at the base of the neck and go from there. Doesn't even sound pleasant. If I can't find someone to do this specific test, I have to endure a stellate ganglion nerve block to r/o RSD. I know I don't have it and my doc is pretty sure I don't but he's really precautious and doesn't want to do an unneccessary surgery, IF in fact it turned out to be RSD. (my sister and hubby both have RSD so that's how I know I don't~ my symptoms are COMPLETELY different from theirs).
I also work for vascular surgeons and my guys have already diagnosed me with true neurogenic TOS ALONG with the Neurosurgeons from the Rothman Institute. I can barely type this today, my hand/arm is so weak and aches. I dropped so many things yesterday it wasn't funny! ( I over did the housework over the weekend ) I also own a horse farm which lends to my problem. Normally I can handle my farm chores because I'm very careful, but the housework kills me! (washing dishes, laundry, vacuuming etc)
Sorry for the rant, I thought I was finally heading towards a recovery, now this roadblock.
horsemommy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote