View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 12:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update

Hey my friends,

I went ahead with the balloon sinuplasty this past Tuesday afternoon. This was done in office even though I was scared to death !

They gave me two 2 mg valium to take before I came for the appointment. I added a muscle relaxer to it and am happy to say I was in a pretty relaxed state when I got there....Dr said I did so good he may let other patients take a muscle relaxer with the Valium before the procedure.

I never really hurt just a couple of very uncomfortable moments during it. The dr was in there as well as 2 nurses and someone from the balloon company and he was dressed in scrubs. My daughter was also allowed to watch.

My past experience with 'procedures' have never been very good pain wise post op. And Tuesday night I was at a 10 with ice packs on my face. Once I finally fell asleep for 2 hours I could tell the pain level had gone down.

I was tired and weak on Wednesday and just laid around all day and sleep on and off. 1/2 the day yesterday was spent in bed too. But yesterday afternoon I started feeling better and today much better.

I can't tell if this is going to work in reducing my chronic sinus infections but I'm hopeful.

Thanks for listening.

Debi
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (06-16-2017), en bloc (06-18-2017), mrsD (06-16-2017)