View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 12:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learninglife View Post
How long have you had it? I just recently got my news. Do you wear a splint everytime?
I've had it for about 5 years now. I'm am affected in my right arm and hand and it's from my elbow clear thru my fingers. The first year or so I had to wear a splint that went around my thumb and halfway up my forearm. Then above that I wore a support/band around the my upper forearm and the elbow. (the type that people wear when they have tendonitis/tennis elbow) I was still working at the time and that was the only way I could stay mostly pain free at work. I discovered all this on my own without a doctors suggestion. Seems like the support and compression they provided made my arm feel better. I usually didn't wear them at home unless I was having a lot of pain but I did wear both of them most nights. What I found is that it just takes time, a LOT of time to get better. I no longer wear anything but I do wake up some nights with pain and tingling from my elbow to the tips of my fingers. What I have found to relieve this is to sit in a chair (desk chair) and let my arm dangle straight down. Takes anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes for it to go away. Most of the time now I have no tingling or pain. Unfortunately I'm sure it's something I will have to live with for the rest of my life.

Both the splint and armband can be found at most pharmacies. If you are in the US, Wal-Mart carries both of them.

Example of the wrist splint....

https://www.walmart.com/search/?quer...wrist%20splint

Example of the band...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Yosoo-Adj...Band/223238449

Let me know if there is something else you need to know and I hope you get better.

Ken