Thread: Cephalexin
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 01:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi David

Good to hear back from you - like you I've been M.I.A for a while - computer snafu's meant I was offline for a while - I think I may have lost a few days of postings.

I've also been supporting my elderly friend through the recent illness of her husband - sadly the funeral is this afternoon - he was suffering terribly so while we are all devastated at his loss we are relieved it hasn't been drawn out - the prognosis was it could have been years.

I understand your not wanting to think about the PN - it's an all-consuming illness that if you let it, it can get you down. As well as throwing yourself into work I've found it helpful to get involved in something you're passionate about that's just for you - I'm currently in a battle against bureaucracy to save a unique place, that's special to me, from being closed permanently. It's uplifting (and a good distraction) to be able to take the frustration with my illness and vent it into writing scathing letters that illuminate the mistakes of the decision makers. Fortunately I'm working with a group who feel as passionate about this as I do and we're supporting each other through this.

I hope your summer isn't too hot and is giving you the chance to get outside and enjoy nature.

Cheers bluesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
Hi Bluesfan,

Thank you for your helpful response, and the article. I read it and found it helpful and interesting. I'm sorry I didn't see your response and respond sooner. I haven't logged on for some time again. I hope to check in here more regularly.

I ended up taking it for a few days, and stopped once the infection was gone. I don't think it caused me any problems, but with full-body neuropathy, I can't be sure. Anyway, there was no noticeable change. I'll avoid it in the future.

I'm sorry to read about your story, or this part of it at least. Hearing these things always makes me sad, but I'm glad there was respite from the intensity of the symptoms.

Hopefully I'll have a chance to write a more general post about how I'm doing. But in general, almost 3 years in and there's still no hope for discovering what's going on with me. It's depressing and not something I want to think about, so I just throw myself into my work and not think about it as much as I can.

Thanks again!
David
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote