View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 11:48 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starznight View Post
Have any of your doctors talked about an AFO? I have foot drop on the left foot and got a super lightweight carbon fiber AFO, you can barely even feel it.. there was another apparatus which just attached around your shoe laces and wrapped around the ankle, but my ankle wasn't strong enough to control the foot with that one. But even the larger brace is comfortable enough to wear around the house, might be worth looking into at least after they figure out what's happening with the foot itself
I was fitted for an AFO......they made a mold of my lower leg and foot and the end result was a product that was so hard and uncomfortable that it was unusable. Plus it was impossible to find a shoe that would fit with the AFO. Wasted time and money. The lightweight carbon fiber AFO sounds like something I would be interested in if insurance covers it. I'll check into it.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Starznight (06-17-2017)