View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 01:16 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Swelling on gum and burning on cheek, post root canal!

Hello,

I had my upper left tooth #26 was root canaled on June 5. I started feeling okay. However, I felt my cheek swollen the next night after RCT, but still I was okay. The next day, I had swelling but it was not so much noticeable and I thought that it could be post-rct so ignored it. I was not able to sleep whole night so I called up my dentist next day and visited him. He told that the swelling is not due to material or filling etc, it is in fact maxillary abcesses, as he found swelling on very top of the gum (probably the place where gum and cheek meet inside). I do not remember if I had burning sensation by then outside of my cheek or not. However, five days later I started feeling burning sensation outside of my cheek, pressure inside or sense of fullness and was using painkillers for this burning. My dentist had prescribed me amoxycilin and flagyl 500 mg each for thrice a day, and while I complained him about burning in cheek, he said that it could be a side affect of flygyl so I stopped taking it. Met him on June 12, and he said that my swelling has considerably reduced and the swelling could be due to toxins production, so my nerve is sending such response to my brain. And he told me that I have "maxillary abcesses".

Now after completing one full and one half round of antibiotics, I still have burning sensation on my cheek, sometimes on nose and sometimes on eye lid top or bottom, on same side of RCT tooth. I am really worried. Been an international student and residing in Canada, I am totally lost. I even do not want to think about trigeminal neurolgia, Please help me out, what I should do now?? At this time i still have swelling on very top of my gum. And it is very hard, not soft kind of thing. While I pressed it, I felt pain inside and outside of my cheek. Does it happen in maxillary abcesses?? I am so worried to think about nerve issues....... I have even read that chances of nerve injury are while working with lower jaw tooth...... I am feeling so much anxiety as well and skin outside of my cheek is burning just like after a wound... Pl help what should I do!
aslam25m is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote