View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 04:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

That's a lot on your and DB's plate. Suicide... there is no logical way to process, to react. It just hurts. Can't imagine what he was going through - although maybe I can a little bit.

Rehabs are like a micro-cosmos, but still very much like real life. People with hope, fear, dread, depressions, humor, desperation... people making up with family or falling out ... there's always just that added axe of relapse and fear of never being free on top of it all, a fear that exists both in the alcoholic and his loved ones. The feeling of being a failure - even though people are telling you you are not. Your brain getting constant jolts from both heavy drinking and sudden sobriety.

When I went in I was allowed to bring my guitar, but I later learned that in many rehabs they are not allowed. Not because of the nuisance, but because of the risk of people using those strings to ... Apparently, it is not uncommon.

Wishing you strength for the coming week.
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-19-2017), ger715 (06-17-2017), kiwi33 (06-17-2017), PamelaJune (06-17-2017)