View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 01:24 PM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Dorrie

I've had my share of sleepless nights and worry over my son at that age. My boss (a pediatrician) used to say the turbulent teenage years are nature's way of separating parent from child. It brings them to the point where they both look forward to the child moving on and out of the house.

My heart goes out to kids nowadays because it seems the scale is set so high for them in order to really make it in this world. It's got to be a little terrifying when they realize exactly how much life costs - physically, emotionally, and financially.

She's at an age where she's going to have to make some choices in her life. The key to freedom in adult life is taking responsibility for our life, including the consequences of our actions. If not, the prison system will do it for you. This isn't about you having authority and control over your daughter, it's about her taking a little control over her own life. Hopefully, she won't fight you over this when she realizes you only want her to have a good life of her own.

She's got to realize there's only so much you can do for her. You can't grow her wings for her.

I hope your young chick can learn to fly straight, and I'll keep you both in my prayers.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote