View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 10:08 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi there. Glad I'm inspiring someone!!! lol

The depends thing didn't work. And I found him standing up at 6 a.m. using the urinal. So I had to do SOMETHING so he would off load that foot (even though he was just standing on it for 30 seconds or so.

So last night after I dressed the foot ulcer, I wrapped it, then I placed half a sock over it THEN I GOT A PIECE OF VISCO ELASTIC FOAM (like the Temper Pedic Mattress topper) Actually it WAS a piece of the mattress topper.

I put the foam inside the sock so he would have a nice cushion when he got up to pee.

This morning there was no blood on the sock so this is what I will do every night. I tried to put one of his old custom molded shoes on him (to protect that foot ulcer) but it would not fit over the bandage and the foam so I said "what the heck", let's just see what happens.

So this is what I will be doing every night before he retires for the night. Dress the wound, wrap the wound, place half a sock over the top part of his foot, place a piece of foam on it, put on the sock. Then he goes to sleep.

Hey, we gotta do what we gotta do, right?

Melody

And I will pm you.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote