View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 12:00 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhKay View Post
BF, my guess is that for some reason, they did not receive a referral prior to the appointment. You should also contact whoever is in charge of getting referrals for you to find out if they submitted one for that appointment or if you had enough referrals prior to that appointment.

I'm sure everything will work out
Thank you Kay. I went to a group therapy meeting a couple of weeks ago. My Nurse Practitioner, and my councilor were happy about that. My councilor was holding the meeting in her office. I wonder if there was a mix up about that with the insurance people.

The insurance people specifically said, "Psychotherapy, 60 minutes with patient and/or family member". There were no dates, just code numbers. It's impossible for me to know what they meant at this time.

You all probably know how I reacted to this letter. I felt panic, fear, and discouragement when I read this. I read that part over, and over trying to understand what they were saying. This is the first "Notice of Denial of Payment" that I've received. It's just not fair, and especially when I don't have a case manager at this time. They are looking to hire another case manager, but as of yet, they have not found one. BF
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (06-19-2017), Mari (06-18-2017), OhKay (06-19-2017)