View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 05:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Question Symptoms returned full force after a possible concussion

I'm 18 years old. I've got 2 concussions in October and November 2014, greatly recovered since then, and only yesterday's evening I understood how much I have.

My initial symptoms were constant brain fog and headaches, which improved over time, until in 2016 I felt them a lot less. I improved a lot over the time. The brain fog started getting less frequent, as well as the headaches.

Yesterday, I was at a friend's house, and he needed me to help him carry a few things from the basement upstairs. We went to the basement, he opened the door to some basement garden there, I held the door to go in after him and suddenly heard dogs barking. I'm scared of dogs, so I just quickly jumped back into the basement (with my back to the door) and closed the door.

However, after the process I started to become scared that during the jumping I got a concussion, because my head was really close to the door. Sadly, due to my anxiety, I even tried to recreate the situation and do it again (jump backwards) to see if I really hit my head, but I don't remember hitting my head in any of the situations.

I know trying to recreate the situation to see if I hit my head was a really stupid idea and could have resulted in a concussion by itself, but my anxiety was very bad so I felt like I had to do it. In the situations I have recreated, I don't remember hitting my head.

After jumping backwards to the door I started feeling the brain fog and an headache again. This was yesterday's evening, I took a high dose of Magnesium, Zinc and Vitamin D to reduce any possible damage that I caused and went to bed.

Today was terrible. It felt like I was back in 2014, just weeks after the concussions. Constant brain fog, feeling of strong pressure on the head and slight nausea that lasted the entire day. I didn't feel so bad for at least the last 6 months. My short term memory also returned to be really bad today (returned to how it was early in recovery), so I made much more typos and forgot things more quickly.

As I said, I don't remember actually hitting my head in the initial jumping backwards situation, and I also don't remember hitting my head in the situations I recreated. But all the symptoms are back. I thought it might be from anxiety, but the symptoms are strong so I don't think so.

Will I have to go through the entire process again? Again to suffer now for more 1-2 years of symptoms? I healed so much, did I really lose this now because of what happened yesterday's evening? I'm really worried right now because the brain fog is intense as I'm typing this.

Could I have gotten a concussion and really not noticed it?

Concussions:

27 October 2014 - I accidentally smashed my head against a concrete wall while I was running (it was a slow run of about 3 meters / second).
No LOC.

6 November 2014 - In a sports field, A basketball ball fell on my head from about 5 meters height.

January 2, 2016 update: I am very optimistic, as I've made a significant recovery until now (2-Jan-2016). I am confident that my situation will keep improving.
ProAgonist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote