View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 06:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanator90 View Post
Boy, this sounds so much like my story. I just got hit in the head 6 days ago after recovering for the last two years.

Your symptoms can intensify from a minor bump or hit. Having suffered from concussions before, you are more sensitive to getting hit in the head.

For the next two weeks, I would just closely monitor how you improve and whether this was a full blown relapse of symptoms or something much milder. Nothing you can do except take it one day at a time, manage the anxiety, and be patient.

Absolutely make sure you don't work past a threshold of overstimulating yourself. Take it slow.

Either way, everything will be alright. Neuroplasticity, our magic word. Your brain will continue to improve. Breathe easy, and feel better!
Thanks, but the thing is, I'm not even sure I hit my head.

I have this anxiety many times when passing in tight spaces that I think "did I hit my head?" - this is one of them. I'm not actually sure if I hit my head or not.

If I did, do you think I will reverse my progress? I healed a lot, well over 80%, but now I feel at 20%.

Concussions:

27 October 2014 - I accidentally smashed my head against a concrete wall while I was running (it was a slow run of about 3 meters / second).
No LOC.

6 November 2014 - In a sports field, A basketball ball fell on my head from about 5 meters height.

January 2, 2016 update: I am very optimistic, as I've made a significant recovery until now (2-Jan-2016). I am confident that my situation will keep improving.
ProAgonist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote