View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 03:47 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Is momentum required in an impact to create a concussion?

Back again with another nervous question

A week ago I bumped my head while helping my friend shoot a video. I was holding the (large, kind of heavy, maybe 2-3 lbs, 5 at most) camera close to my head, and momentarily forgot that the small view screen was extended. I bumped the screen into my ear, and it kind of hurt. Started to panic internally. I was already feeling pretty poorly when the impact occurred so it was hard to tell if it made it any immediate difference. I Haven't felt very good at all ever since that day

I'm really freaked out that I've given myself a new concussion. My symptoms have been especially bad today. I hate bumping my head (

my neurologist looked at my eyes and balance a few days after the impact and said she doesn't believe it caused any damage (not enough force/momentum) and that our skulls are designed to protect against minor impacts like this. For what it's worth, several weeeks ago I lightly bumped heads with someone and that turned out fine. This felt a liiiittle stinger of an impact though.

but I'm still freaked out. I guess she has a point, as my skull did not reslly move or whip or anything, and thr camera was close to my head. Is there merit to this? Your head/neck would have to move and cause your brain slide into the skull to be injured, right? Or does it not matter? I'm Scared to death
nickd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote