View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 04:16 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Heart

Hi Becca,

I am sorry to hear about your spread and the WC difficulties adding to your stress. I hope you are recovering well from the block and that it proves helpful.

There is a ton of info on Google Scholar about CRPS and bisphosphonate. The summaries of treatment options I have looked at before indicated strong evidence for effectiveness. It may be most helpful early on but you are early on in the spread right? They work through both altering bone absorption and affecting inflammatory mediators from what I've read on their action in CRPS.

There are a couple of trials going on with these drugs so the body of evidence is growing. I'd look at side effects overall for the drug for all disease process if it was me. Your doctor should give rates for these. The most serious is osteonecrosis of the jaw. Another article I read indicated this side effect seems be most prevalent in people who had dental extractions in a certain time frame of getting infusions. You might want to get a dental check up if this concerns you.

Oral bisphosphonates are also used with CRPS if that feels like something you'd rather try and your doctor recommends.

I hope you find relief soon. I'm sending soft hugs and healing love,

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (06-22-2017), RSD ME (06-20-2017)