View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 05:44 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default My Sister

In 1965 my sister was born I was just 4 years old and I remember being told that she had Cerebral Palsy and she won't be able to do a lot of things yet anyway. My Step Dad Her Dad wouldn't give up and then hearing a doctor say put her in an institution she will be a vegetable her whole life. My heart sunk at the time it was because I was taken from my older sisters and I guess my brain remembered and I needed her more then anything in the world. I didn't care what they said I had a baby sister and she was perfect. Watching her go threw all the test and being very mad at Dr Spitz for making her scar past her hair line. He smile that kind smile and said he was very sorry but he had no choice. Great now she will have to wear bangs forever. lol Hey I was 8 and my baby sister had 2 big long line of stitches on her head. Oh my gosh they shaved her head .. but all I saw was that huge wonderful smile of hers.
Patterning was the way to go for her and so many crazy looking things her Dad built to help. The special adjustable table, the crawl box, the standing box for her to be able to stand with her braces. The worst was when he told me I couldn't just do for her because I knew what she wanted all the time. No more I had to make her say cookie to get one. How horrible and mean I felt but with all they things that Doctor came up with gave me a really cool sister. He knew she was in there and never gave up. I wish I could have told him Thank You !
jeerzy218 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Skeezyks (06-20-2017)