View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 10:46 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default New to Group, Not new to Symptoms, Have Questions

Hello, I have been having muscle weakness and fatigue for probably 5 years or more. I am 50 years old. I did not go to my doctor very often because when I would tell him about my muscles hurting or how tired I was, he would blame it getting older and being over weight. So I would just suffer and think to myself, if I feel like this at 50, I don't want to see myself at 60. My 76 year old father could get around better than me without moaning and groaning.

Well, as time has gone by and now I am hurting pretty regularly and can notice much more weakness happening. Can't hold my arms up, my head feels like it weighs a 100 lbs which cause lots of pain in my neck and shoulders. (I thought that part was part of tension). My legs have also gotten worse. I have to go down steps backwards because they don't feel strong enough to go forward. Going up is even more difficult because along with muscle weakness I have arthritis under my Knee caps. I also have noticed double vision at times when my eyes seem really tired.

I have a couple questions:

Do your muscles feel sore more times than not? If I do any activity, which could just be going to the grocery store, a little while later I feel like I played a tackle football game.

I read on some threads that people mentioned about heat being intolerable, I was wondering if that is from MG or from the medicines? I am constantly hot and sweaty as soon as I start moving.

Does anyone have problems with their back muscles hurting and being sore?

I ended up going to a different doctor finally..... and she mentioned for me to see a neurologist to be checked for MG. Now after researching, I feel like I definitely have MG. I do not have an appointment with neuro until the end of this July, then I am assuming the wait will start for results.

Isn't it terrible that I'm hoping for a positive MG diagnosis so I can know that I'm not crazy, I can stop feeling guilty for being "lazy" at times, and hopefully help my attendance at work which has been getting very bad. And last but not least, I want to know if it's just me getting old cranky.

I just want some relief!

Thanks in advance!
Hope4Me
Hope4Me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (06-20-2017), Skeezyks (06-20-2017)