Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 06:24 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Yes, my husband was the one who told me I had to stay in and sit still yesterday, but I didn't do either.

When I went in to scoop out the cat box, I checked the carpet. Parts of it still weren't dry. One spot in front of the cat boxes, and one to the right of them were stinky, so I soaked those spots with the remaining Urine Destroyer (that I saved for this type of occasion). I lifted a lot of urine from one of the spots when I blotted it two hours later. It will take a while for those spots to dry because I used so much. I won't start doing the walls until the carpet is dry, so soaking them was probably a good thing...

I still don't know what it's going to smell like in that room when the carpet is fully dry. I don't think either my husband or I expect magical results. It smells better in the living room etc, but the odor is still not gone. It has been hot and VERY HUMID lately, and that does NOT help.

I couldn't stand the smell of cat pee in the bathroom, so I bleached everything in there including the floor and radiator. It smells sterile now. I want the door to remain closed at all times... a sanctuary.

I went out to the post office to mail two letters and buy stamps, and I drove through Dunkin Donuts to get an iced coffee, but I forgot to go to the office to put more money on the laundry card, which is a pain in the ***.

For me lately, that was taking it easy. The work in the cat room, on the whole, only took me about 15 minutes. I took a 2 hour nap and slept for 6 hours last night, which is a big improvement. I got drowsy after taking my night pills last night and I'm feeling a little sedated this morning from the gabapentin increase. All good signs.

I have an appointment with my neurologist tomorrow. It's supposed to be a follow-up regarding starting treatment with Tysabri, a drug I've decided not to take because of the cost. I don't know if I should cancel the appointment or not. I should probably call today to get the exact total drug cost so he will understand why I made the decision if I decide to go to the appointment. What else could I tell him? That I've been running myself into the ground like an ***hole?
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-26-2017), Dmom3005 (06-20-2017), mymorgy (06-20-2017)