View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 02:19 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

It sounds like you are doing great. Count your blessings.

Many of us are very sensitive to sleep issues. Your brain needs the full cycles of the various stages of sleep to clear the waste from the previous day. Find ways to get consistent sleep is a challenge but a worthwhile effort.

Your anxiety sounds like it was a pre-existing condition made worse by the concussion. Some need meds but it is great if you can get by without them.

Often, concentration is an issue of learning to ignore or even having to turn off distractions, sounds, visual, and any sensory stimulation. You may have previously been able to concentrate with these distractions but your brain has lost the ability to block them out. This is a common issue that many need to deal with. Ear plugs and such can help in some situations.

I was trying to read a menu at a restaurant with a bass pounding sound in the background. I just could not do it. We just left.

Tinnitus is not often treatable. It is best to learn to ignore it rather than fight it. It is a lifetime condition for many of us. Mine is about as loud as my laptop fan, just a higher pitch. Been that way for decades. I just ignore it.

In a very few situations, upper neck issues can impact tinnitus. Finding the right chiro or physical therapist can be a challenge. They are very rare.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote