View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 02:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dorrie, I do hope that this time your daughter is ready for some change in her life but change can be very hard. Try speaking to your daughter to find out what is important to her, what she wants out of life, what type of job she would like to have, etc. Then help her with setting small goals and how she plans to achieve them. If there are set backs, focus on the positives and move forward. We can't change the past but we can change the future.

I know it is hard for you but you need to try and focus on doing your best and supporting her and if things don't go as you expect them to, you need to accept it and move on. Otherwise your health is going to continue to get worse and you won't be any good to anyone.

Your daughter is trying to find herself and hopefully soon she will come back around and remember all of the wonderful things you taught her growing up. LOL I know this is easier said then done but with God and the love that you have for your daughter, this too shall pass.

Remember to tell your daughter that you love her through her achievements and disappointments. It may seem to fall on deaf ears but she will hear it.
Waterfront is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote