View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 09:28 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Confused Not doing very good

It's ironic that I found out about MG and the fact that I could have this disease in MG Awareness Month.

I had been struggling with rapid painless fatigue in my arms since March last year. Then I began noticing my left droopy eyelid and double vision (thought I haven't had enough sleep, that's it). Slowly came the change in voice (got very nasal at times), trouble chewing, regurgitation of liquids in the nose while drinking, change in facial expressions - my smile looks like a snarl sometimes, my face looks tired, so on and so forth.
The nail in the coffin was when my legs got weak. I kept falling down during a trip I took recently. Its June (in INDIA!) and I was traveling. I guess that's what made it so bad.

This is when I Googled "muscle degenerating diseases" and found out that I am not imagining this, its not because of my IT job or my lifestyle (which is not THAT unhealthy when you think about it). It was hard to believe that all my symptoms could fit into two words - Myasthenia Gravis.
Well, this was at a friend's wedding where I was sitting as I didn't have the strength to walk, my phone in my hands and all I wanted to do was cry but I couldn't because I didn't have the patience to make people understand why.

I got an appointment for a neurologist a week after this incidence. And everyone kept telling me to stop self diagnosing myself, that I was imagining my symptoms after reading them, that I wasn't eating right or sleeping on time.
Anyway, I met the doctor the day before, he did some eye tests and muscle tests and told me I had MG. He has written down more blood tests, CT scan, etc to get more information which I will get done tomorrow.

I have a weird feeling because I am kind of relieved that I have a diagnosis (possibly) which I can work towards. But it sucks that its a condition that I will have to live with all my life. I'm just 25 and I love being outdoors, travel, camp, hike, dance - just be on the move in general.

I don't know how this will affect my life. Nobody seems to know much about MG. Your posts have actually calmed me down a lot. Thanks to you man! Its hard to talk to people about it because it is difficult for them to understand what exactly I am going through. I feel so lonely even though I have many people around who care about me and love me.

xx
Harsha
hsahay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (06-22-2017), ErinBear (06-22-2017)