Old 06-22-2017, 12:00 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

For those of you who like animals... there is a wonderful live safari
on YouTube you can access. They stream 6 hrs a day divided into
sunrise and sunset. The guides are very knowledgeable and the animals spectacular.

I am making screenshots for my future and present art work.
It is rather like birdwatching with professionals too, as lots of birds are shown and explained.

Streamed from Djuma reserve in the Kruger Park, S. Africa and newly established at Mara reserve in Kenya.
Facebook:
safariLIVE - Home | Facebook

Youtube: example
these are shown each day after the drives end. You can search by subject as some partial videos of special interest are posted separately than the daily ones.
Safari Live : The Nkuhuma Pride, Lost cubs found on drive this afternoon Sept 9, 216 - YouTube
This one is from Sept 2016 when the young cubs were lost and then reunited with their mums.

The Djuma videos of S. Africa are not really often showing deaths of animals or other distressing situations. I just move the YouTube progress bar along and skip what I rather not see.
The Mara Kenya is much more graphic, but the videos of the landscapes and massive animal migration are stunning.

Since I will never be able to go on a live safari, I find these videos really interesting and helpful for me. The day passes really quickly when I attend to these digital safaris! The Djuma part gets up close and personal to the most amazing events and baby animals.

Another member here suggested SafariLive to me since I am mostly homebound now with my lupus and pain, etc.

Here are two graphite drawings I have done from screenshots. The first one is of a lioness introducing her new cubs to the pride. The second one is of the cape buffalo which are so ugly and mean they become interesting! The standing one has 3 oxpecker birds grooming it.
Attached Thumbnails
Seeking hobbies-lioness-drawing-3-cubs-jpg   Seeking hobbies-cape-buffalo-safari-live3-jpg  

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (06-23-2017), Starznight (06-23-2017)