View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Some people tic in their sleep mildly and some people don't at all. There was another post about that here somewhere. If I find it I'll post the link. There are other movements people can do in their sleep, apart from just moving around I mean, but in a 4 year old I don't know whether that would be so common.

The period of time prior to falling asleep can be a time when tics are increased. You sound a lot like I did when my son was little. I used to watch him sleep too because I was scared. We had been told he could have some shocking things and I was frightened out of my mind. I used to sit in a chair beside his bed at night some nights. By the time my daughter started having her tics it wasn't a very big deal in comparison because at least I knew what was happening.

The hardest part, and what you're going through now until you get the test results, is just not knowing. Your appointment is tomorrow I think. Hopefully that will give you some answers and rule out any epilepsy concerns. If it doesn't, then at least you know what you're treating and that can begin immediately. I'm with Chemar... you need a professional diagnosis. The neuro. you're seeing sounds as if she's doing all the right things.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote