View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 01:26 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
David,

Okay, glad to know that you have private dental care.

The fact that you had an adjacent tooth removed just a couple of months ago makes me curious if there is an infection brewing and perhaps both areas are involved.

Can't this dentist give you the name of an oral surgeon in private practice? Not as a formal referral but as an offering to a patient seeking further evaluation?

The panoramic xray is a 2 dimensional xray that shows the upper and lower arches in their entirety, the maxillary sinus cavity, anterior nasal passages, etc. But only in 2 dimensions.

The dental CT scan is a 3 dimensional scan which shows a comprehensive view of the dental and sinus anatomy is slices or cuts, meaning more angles.

Antibiotics may or may not be warranted. I think they should only be given if absolutely necessary. It's best to get a proper diagnosis first and then see what the options are from there.

Bryanna
Thank you,

I norrowed down my search for an oral surgeon to go to see today and decided on this young Portugese oral surgeon. They have a 3D CT Scanner. They were able to book me in 2 hours after I made the phone call.

He was so nice and friendly, very understanding, and gave me so much time.

Down to the nitty gritty.....He had a look in mouth and confirmed the fistula. He said no sign of infection. (relief).

CT Scan showed about one quarter sinus inflammation

Fistula is size 6.6mm x 1.9mm

His opinion to me was to give it 2 weeks to see if it heals itself. If it has not by then to go ahead with procedure to close it. He suggested using PRGF. I am reseaching this right now. Other procedure that he could do is the buccal fat flap, but he preferred the PRGF.

If I need to get it closed, something I read on one of your posts, was debridement to clean up area. Is this something they do anyway or should I ask for it?

I asked him if I do not get any improvement next week to arrange procedure to be done when I return in 2 weeks. I can sometimes be such a worryer.

Am I guessing right that its the repairing of sinus membraine that I am hoping to achieve naturally to stop communication, as it cant be the bone or the gum?
skywayd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote