View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 07:05 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

UPMC = They diagnosed me correctly with a concussion and gave me some therapy and I have been back there for one follow up, things seem to be better for me and my tolerance for exercise seems to be getting better depending on the position of my head during those exercises. I have been doing their vestibular exercises for about 5 weeks now and things seem to be getting better, but getting there slowly.

UNC = they diagnosed me with PCS by using their vestibular balance machine and some other cognitive exercises. They knew they were a second opinion to UPMC and when I got their they kind of leaned back on UPMC. I went there because I wanted another opinion, and they directed me to their neurologist who is very difficult to get a meeting with and I got lucky on a cancellation and he told me I had a concussion and to do therapy. I would say that UPMC seems to be a little more organized for out of town patients meaning they will line up everyone you need to see all in one day so you can go there and back with just one overnight stay.
Critter81 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote