View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 07:25 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

UNC = I called thier concussion program and got Kristen on the phone and she immediately got me in to see Dr Cairnero

1) Meeting at 2 PM and they put me on the SMART Balance master machine it knocked me down and buckled my knees twice, then they took me downstairs for some cognitive and vestibular testing.
2) Diagnosed me with a concussion and suggested I meet with Karla Thompson for an Neuropshyc interview, she had a cancellation and got me in about a week ago, she showed concern and is 5 STAR by the way.
3) They then suggested I get an MRI done and I did and then followed up with Dr Kaufman
4) Dr Kaufman knew Mickey well and studied at UPMC. He diagnosed me with a concussion and said there was no real visable damage suggested some meds, about the same as UPMC,

The biggest difference for me was if you are from out of town then UPMC is geared more for one day get everything done type of deal where UNC is more designed for local people that can come back and forth. UPMC did a better job of giving me exercises to do, but I feel like UNC did a better job of looking for something mechanical that might have been broken in my neck or head,

UNC leaned back on UPMC for the physical exercises and really did not schedule any follow ups past Kaufman so I guess I would stay the course at UPMC with their physical stuff, it seems like UNC is geared towards more straightforward cases and NFL players, I will call them tomorrow to see if there is anything else I should be doing.
Critter81 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote