View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 08:03 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I hear you hbielski, I still don't have an official diagnosis, but its pretty apparent from my symptoms that I also have SFN. Started almost 3 years ago and got worse over a 6 month period. Then it leveled out, maybe got a little better (or I just got used to it).

Recently, I tried tapering off of my Gabapentin. I was able to cut back slowly without much increase in symptoms. For a while I thought I would be able to get off it completely, but I hit a point where the symptoms started to kick back in and I had to increase the dose again to get things to level out. Seems like I found a happy medium that is about 1/3 the dose I was originally at while still keeping symptoms at a tolerable level.

I realize I'm pretty lucky because my problems are a lot less than many people on this forum. Still, It's only been 3 years, and who knows if/when things will suddenly take off again.........

No, this disease is certainly not fun. But if I have been able to take away one good thing, it's that I no longer take anything in life for granted. I really try to live for the day, and enjoy every good day as much as I can
Ragtop262 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (06-24-2017), hbielski1905 (06-24-2017), janieg (06-22-2017)