Thread: Seeking hobbies
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 01:40 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I do love animals... my favorite place to be when it's cool out is down at our local zoo, we even have the annual passes and have ridden the train so many times that we have the whole spiel memorized and even know most of the conductors by name... worse still they know us by name , at least I never have to fear losing the GB even if it is in Jacksonville, since EVERYONE there knows she belongs to us LOL. Funny story actually is that my DSD decided to take the GB down one time without us, and the zoo officials very politely questioned the GB about "Where's your nama today?... Are you having fun with your...mommy???" hand's on their radios ready to call it in. The daughter was completely embarrassed, and more than a little miffed...while the GB who doesn't have a shy bone in her body was quite happy to tell them where I was and where Nampa was and why she was at the zoo with mommy.

She called me to complain after her fifth time being stopped by employees and I just explained to her that that was a great thing! Sure a little bit annoying till word passes around the park that she is with you and you are her mother... but at the same time, at least now you know you never have to worry about her getting kidnapped at the zoo. (I'm sure one day she'll apprieciate it... she still complained a lot to me about it, I of course was thrilled beyond words that I don't have to worry quite as much about losing a 3 yr old in a crowded zoo with plenty of distractions for her to get caught up in.)

But anyways I will need to check that out, see how it compares to the endless number of animal documentaries I've watched and pray the camera isn't too bouncy.

And as far as the needle felting goes, it really was simple to do and not exceptionally time consuming, of course there's plenty of room for improvement and you can also do almost a punch embroidery with the roving as well so I might have to try that out too, even though the sculptures are fun to make as well. But its pretty much roll a basic shape then stab it with a needle (watching your fingers) for about 40 minutes to an hour, sculpting as you go, that's even what the directions said... Read through to ensure you understand all the directions... pull off two x five inches of roving, roll into a snake then stab with the needle till done..... such clear directions , is what I initially thought... then after following them it really couldn't have been any clearer LOL.