Thread: Seeking hobbies
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 10:29 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

The SafariLive feed is not exactly like a nature documentary.

It is unscripted and happening right there. Some days can be slow so they do birds a bit more. There are brief glitches if something blocks the signals... but they are not a reason to not watch.

There is only one guide I don't like and I tend to mute him.
They allow screenshots and do not enforce copyright. Some people who share the screenshots do put copyright on the photo
but they are few.

The level of reality and intimacy is amazing with their special zoom cameras. And they have cameras for night time events as the sunset drive daily goes into the dark. There is no comparison to zoos!

I enjoy the elephants the most, followed by leopards and the dwarf mongoose. The birds are really enjoyable too.
The elephants are truly amazing IMO. Their herd behavior and intelligence and their babies and youngsters, you would rarely see in a zoo. I don't watch it "live". The drives are rapidly posted on YouTube. I prefer to have the timer bar available to scroll thru things I don't like or are too triggering for me.
The Kenya feed, which just started is more graphic so I usually just scroll thru it. Because of the size of the Mara getting up close like S.Africa's is less intimate. But I enjoy the landscapes.

The day just buzzes by me... my infirmities and pain forgotten.
I have learned alot about Africa as well. It is free and no membership required. Some days are quiet so the guides give little informational talks, but some days are very busy with exciting situations and beautiful animals. They find many animals by following tracks in the dusty roads. Last year was a huge drought but since the rains in Jan-Feb the Djuma greened up and is much prettier. So one can really learn from the tracking. Many viewers keep a bird log, or an insect log, and on the weekdays there is a 45 minute segment for children who watch from schools.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (06-23-2017), Starznight (06-25-2017)