Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

David,

Some suggestions of what NOT to do:
- Blow your nose
- Pinch your nose closed as you did previously to check for air communication
- Drink through a straw
- Rinse with anything other than salt water
- No inhalation of oils as the sinus membrane is very delicate and it's best to avoid disturbing the natural attachment that you are trying to achieve.
- No hard core cardio exercise as this increases the heart rate, elevates the sinus pressure, etc.

Some suggestions of things to do:
- Eat anti inflammatory foods and avoid sugar and processed foods. Avoid dairy and very cold temp liquids or foods as they can increase mucus production.
- Drink plenty of filtered water throughout the day to stay hydrated and flush out toxins, all of which reduce systemic inflammation. Ideally, most people do well with drinking in ounces, half their body weight. Ex: weight 100lbs = 50 oz of water per day.
-Warm herbal teas like white, green, tulsi, or thyme all anti inflammatory. Add some raw local honey (if possible) as this is one of the greatest immune boosting foods you can eat.
-Some supplements that support the immune system and lower inflammation, should be of good quality .... vitamin C, quercetin, and turmeric.
- Massage anti inflammatory essential oils, like eucalyptus, in a carrier oil to the outside of your face over the area above your extraction site. Apply a moist heat over that area for better absorption. Essential oils applied topically are very therapeutic. Remember, a drop of these oils is very potent.
-Take homeopathic remedy, Arnica 30 C or 30 X, 3-5 times a day to promote healing.
-Gentle exercise like stretching or yoga to promote lymph drainage and reduce inflammation.

What do you normally do or take for your sinus allergies? How is your diet? Do you eat organically or .....?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywayd View Post
He told me not to rinse like normal just to hold warm salt water on that side and then repeat. I have been doing things really gentle anyway.
He said if salt water does go up in nose not to worry it wont do any harm.

He never said anything about the inflammation, he just said it may have been there before this all happened. I do have a deviated septum and regularly have stuffiness that side due to my allergies anyway.

I was going to do some research on the inflammation because I think that may hinder healing, do you have any suggestions? Maybe he never suggested anything due to my MCS. I have bought some eucalyptus oil and Alba oil and possibly do some steam inhalation, would that be ok or to harsh.
Any good herbal remedies for this inflammation?

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
skywayd (06-25-2017)