View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 02:48 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Oh great suggestions, I will pop out to health shop tomorrow.

haven't been drinking any black tea, (have 2 sugars, eek) since extraction, only herbal teas, licorice & peppermint and echinachea and cranberry.
Will cut out cheese.
Will stop my milkshakes
No processed (though normally do dabble)
Always try to get organic veg and fruit but not always available
Need to up my water intake, doing about a 1 litre, will increase to 2 as my urine is pretty dark.

Dont take anything for my allergies as I seem to react to many tablets. I tried an American product called Allercertin that gave me some relief but the major headaches that came with it was not worth the swap.

The dentist who did extraction gives me Traumeel (German product) after extraction. I think it has anti-inflammatory properties. I am taking that 3 times a day

I bought some fresh thyme the other day, I will make some tea with it. was worried about that though because somewhere said its quite potent.

All the good health shops are closing down that I usually go to.
The other day I went to a shop near the dentist to get my usual stock up of pure cranberry juice 100% organic, Udo's choice Ultimate oil blend organic omega 3,6,9's. Got Udo's choice super 8 just in case I will need antibiotics.

Dont get me wrong I am no super healthy eater all the time, (I love my occasional macdonalds, pizza, chocolate and crisps). Maybe its time to say goodbye to them and get in a really healthy routine. Have reaped the rewards in the past with eating strictly healthy diet. And I had noticed good improvement in my health in the past with doing regular exercise, (walking doing my leaflets for work and bike riding.) But then its so easy to slip and go into the bad habits again.

Have been thinking of moving as where we have been for the last 4 years is close to sewage plants and water treatment plants so we get constant nasty smells. This side of London is known to be industrially dirty. All this no good for me and my MCS. Would love the country but need to be long way from farms due to the pesticide spraying and the drift it can give. (pesticides are my no.1 enemy).
Only area I think would be a safe zone would be mid Wales in the valleys. at least 3 - 4 miles from any farms.

Will crack on with the instructions ma'am, my stuffiness and cheek pain is worse today, I dont see any improvement so will try to get out of my slightly depressed state and apply some positivity. My close friend says he admires me how I crack on with all my health problems, though it does take it toll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
David,

Some suggestions of what NOT to do:
- Blow your nose
- Pinch your nose closed as you did previously to check for air communication
- Drink through a straw
- Rinse with anything other than salt water
- No inhalation of oils as the sinus membrane is very delicate and it's best to avoid disturbing the natural attachment that you are trying to achieve.
- No hard core cardio exercise as this increases the heart rate, elevates the sinus pressure, etc.

Some suggestions of things to do:
- Eat anti inflammatory foods and avoid sugar and processed foods. Avoid dairy and very cold temp liquids or foods as they can increase mucus production.
- Drink plenty of filtered water throughout the day to stay hydrated and flush out toxins, all of which reduce systemic inflammation. Ideally, most people do well with drinking in ounces, half their body weight. Ex: weight 100lbs = 50 oz of water per day.
-Warm herbal teas like white, green, tulsi, or thyme all anti inflammatory. Add some raw local honey (if possible) as this is one of the greatest immune boosting foods you can eat.
-Some supplements that support the immune system and lower inflammation, should be of good quality .... vitamin C, quercetin, and turmeric.
- Massage anti inflammatory essential oils, like eucalyptus, in a carrier oil to the outside of your face over the area above your extraction site. Apply a moist heat over that area for better absorption. Essential oils applied topically are very therapeutic. Remember, a drop of these oils is very potent.
-Take homeopathic remedy, Arnica 30 C or 30 X, 3-5 times a day to promote healing.
-Gentle exercise like stretching or yoga to promote lymph drainage and reduce inflammation.

What do you normally do or take for your sinus allergies? How is your diet? Do you eat organically or .....?

Bryanna

Last edited by skywayd; 06-24-2017 at 02:44 AM.
skywayd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote