View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 07:05 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

The only way the senate can pass this bill in any form is through a process called "budget reconciliation". Because of that, they have one bite at the apple a year, so the Republicans won't even vote on the bill if they don't know it will pass. They will not get any votes in favor of this bill from Democrats, and can't lose more than 2 Republican votes. Right now, more than 6 Republican senators have said they can't vote for the bill in its current form, and they all want something different changed before they will...

There's a good chance that they won't be able to come to a consensus, at least not as soon as they would like, and then there would be changes. Hopefully, a lot of changes.

Some people are saying highly inflammatory things right now. Some of them are really scary. I can't listen to those comments or the particulars of the bill anymore because it's driving up my anxiety.
I would avoid watching or listening to the news it because it seems like it's really exacerbating your anxiety, too.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (06-24-2017), Dmom3005 (06-27-2017), mymorgy (06-24-2017)