Old 06-24-2017, 02:19 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan
That video was great MrsD - cats are pretty amazing at times.
I like cats that have their own unique personalities rather than those that are just sleeping/eating machines. (Have lived with both)
I agree. Weezie refuses to do "footy dooty up" even while watching Maya do it. Weez just gives me a dead pan look as if to say I am NOT doing THAT for my food! LOL Weez also does not like all the lovey dovey greeting Maya gives when she comes in from outside. Maya lets us know that Weez wants to come in sometimes ... and she has to run to her and in general greet Weez every time. (Weez only goes out until 4pm...we do not let Maya out and she seems to accept that still).

Cats do really have personalities. You might like SafariLive. Today Sunrise safari has Thamba which is young male cub of Thandi
which is not commonly seen in Djuma. (S. Africa).

He is gorgeous and hanging around this morning waiting for his mom to bring food.
This is the first half of the 2 part sunrise drive in S. Africa.
Thamba starts around 7 min. mark.

He is a young cub 11 months old, and very interesting and beautiful. He has a wonderful personality too. So if you like watching cats you'd like the leopards shown on SafariLive.

I've been watching this YouTube of their live digital safari since Dec 2016. For the most part it is fascinating and I take screenshots off the drives for reference photos for my art work.

Maya comes from a farm 400miles away where we adopted her from a rescue on vacation.
Her tail movements are very different as well as some of her habits.

Our vet and I discussed this ... and he agreed with me that the gene pool for cats would be different upNorth as there is water to cross to get to where we are now. Maya is feral, and therefore much different in some ways than a domestically derived house cat. At four years now, she is still afraid of rain and wind, and especially thunderstorms.(we call these "boom booms" and she can even tell they are coming when we have to consult Weather.com)

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (06-26-2017)