View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 05:57 PM
anon122822

anon122822

The lab results are erratic and indecipherable for use in determining the phases. That is likely why Dr. Oler has moved forward with doing a dopamine challenge to confirm if he is dopamine dominant. Given the only negative side effect he has experienced from the dopamine challenge is nausea, he will now likely stay at the dosage the nausea is being experienced at. What will likely be done is he will change the NR dosage from 2, 1, 3, 4, to 8 to try to eliminate the nausea through changes in the 5-HTP dosing. Make sure your husband understands that he should NOT tolerate any nausea. Nausea is a significant clinical finding indicating an improper balance of 5-htp/L-dopa intake.

I made the mistake of pushing through some of the nausea to try to expedite the process and suffered greatly from doing so. If one of the those doses of NR doesn't work then there is the possibility of adding RE for additional 5-htp in the event he needs higher amounts for elimination of the side effect. Also, depending on the dopamine value that was seen on the "Critical High" report, he could be having dopamine fluctuations which would necessitate the addition of Tyrosine supplementation and supplemental testing to pinpoint the amount needed for absolution of it.

Hopefully the side effect of nausea will be eliminated quickly for your husband as he would likely be better quickly after doing so. Just make sure he understands to not increase the D5 mucuna dosing at all until it is eliminated and to be honest to Dr. Oler if it is present.

Once the nausea and fluctuations are resolved, he will then start increasing the D5 Mucuna dosing by 6 or 8 pill increments, stay on the dosage for 5-7 days, and then do a 2 day pill stop. The pill stop is needed to ensure the optimal dosing value is not jumped over in the dosage change.

Is your husband following all the test instructions to ensure the test results are accurate? He should be taking the pills at a consistent time each day in 4 or so hour increments. So for myself, I wake up at 10 am and take my first dosage at 12 pm, 2nd at 4 pm, 3rd at 8 pm, and 4th at 11 pm, then fall asleep at around 2 am. Whenever I do tests I take it at 8 pm before taking the 3rd dosage.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote