Thread: Teeth Hit Food
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 08:33 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks JBuck.

I really appreciate that response.

Prior to the last hit 2 weeks ago, my symptoms had decreased almost completely. But now I've got a bad constant headache, and talking for more than a minute with anyone is completely exhausting.

Definitely think depression starts to seep in when you're so isolated, but I'm waking up and sleeping at the same time everyday and making sure I walk with my dog as much as I can and spend time outside. (A year ago, thanks to a previous concussion I quit my job and moved into a mountain home, so it's very very quiet here in the Adirondacks, and suitable for recovery)

So to recover I've been walking, eating the right things (nuts), avoiding overstimulating myself. I sit and stare at the mountains a lot. Works for me. I do some deep breathing when I get anxious. Helps.

Over the last two weeks I have been getting scared from minor bumps because I've spent the last 26 months healing and as I'm sure you know it's so exhausting to center your life around recovery. With healing as a priority, everything else took a back seat. And a part of me is definitely scared about how much longer I am going to be so limited. But, there's only so much I control.

Not much I can do except avoid overstimulation, and enjoy the day as much as I can. I know so many people definitely have it way worse than me.

Thanks for being kind JBuck.

Last edited by hermanator90; 06-25-2017 at 08:41 PM. Reason: typo
hermanator90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote