Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 06:55 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I wish my husband could see things from a different perspective too, Bobby.

Corey knew I was going to buy the litter, but he wouldn't come with me. He just assumed someone else would help me at the store, or didn't think about it at all. I had to wait until the following day before he would bring it in from the car too, but that didn't matter since I hurt myself and couldn't clean out the boxes this weekend anyway. I will probably do it today.

He doesn't want to, and isn't planning on, taking the furniture out all at once. He refuses to take out more than one thing at a time. I spoke to him about it on Saturday and initially he ****ing flipped out. I told him I didn't expect him to take out the bookshelf or the exercise bike until moving day when he has help because they're too heavy to move solo, but the other stuff has to go, so the bike/bookshelf can be moved into the kitchen and out of my way. He seemed relieved by that, but still didn't move any furniture this weekend or this morning. He keeps saying that he's going to have to move everything himself like he's some kind of martyr, but that's just not true. If we can get into the apartment early, over the weekend, we'll have help, but if we have to wait until Aug.1st (a Tuesday), we'll HIRE help, because he can't do it alone. We've talked about this several times, but he's still up on the cross, and using "moving everything alone" (but not for over a month) as an excuse...
He's already pretty much told me not to expect too much, if any, help packing for that reason. He's such an ***hole.

It smells much better in here since I've had more time to air out the apartment. I'll have a couple more hours to do it this morning before it gets too hot again. I hope at some point, the smell just goes away.

I've already bought a second Felaway Comfort Zone diffuser to discourage urine marking and scratching, and refills for the one I already have, for the new apartment. I also have the spray to discourage them from scratching the new couch we're going to buy. Next time I buy food from Chewy.com I'm going to buy a black light so I can check for urine stains/sprays daily and catch them early if Dottie decides to start going out of the box again in our new place. I'm NOT going to deal with this kind of problem again.

The cat room walls are going to get done this week if it kills me.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-26-2017), Dmom3005 (06-27-2017), Mari (06-27-2017)