View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 03:58 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default interesting

For me, a dark room, even tho familiar, is much worse than a lighted one too but I wonder if we are mistaking visual cues which presumably help in some mysterious way as being a stimulus when actually it is just the opposite. For example, imagining a line in front of us and stepping over it. Is it that the line stimulates us enough to break the blockade? Or is it that focusing our minds on the image brings order where there was none?

Another one- remember the banding experiments? Could it have been that the pressure of a band around a limb gave a point of focus to our otherwise poorly coordinated minds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZucchiniFlower View Post
I'm exactly the same as you, Rick.

For me, it does not feel like my brain is chaotic. It instead seems as if certain connections are missing, and I need to supply new ones.

Last night I was 'walking' in my living room with just a night light on and I could barely walk at all, even though I certainly know that turf well. I must have the visual cues I get from looking at the floor. Without it I walked in a typical PD way as if I were in a much later stage. Very slow short steps and my arms held in that weird PD way. Very unstable, balance poor.

But, turn the light on and I'm much better instantly.

Oh, I missed my 300th post. I hope is was a good one.

~Zucchini
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote