Thread: Seeking hobbies
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 03:01 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I love the colors on that, it's perfect for fall!

I don't know how hard it might be to work the foot pedal on your machine... but my mother did buy my niece a little singer sewing machine when she turned 13. We really had a hard time using it because it just went soooo slow... but it was perfect for a beginner since even if she put the pedal to the metal so to speak it never "took off" on her. And it was a really cute blue too . But if you find difficulty with controlling the speed through pressure with your foot, you might look around for one of the beginners machines.

It was as sturdy as any sewing machine we've owned, and a fraction of the price and it still had a few stitch option, nothing fancy and it moved at a slow but steady pace no matter how hard or lightly you pressed the foot pad. She even still has it 12 years later. She doesn't sew a whole lot, but can manage a few alterations. Failing that, when my legs are really acting up on me I have placed the foot pedal up beside my machine and sewn one handed. Guiding the fabric with the left hand while the right hand works the pedal. I need to pin like crazy to manage it, but it can be done .