Thread: New to site
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 04:00 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default New to site

I am 77 and male, retired engineer, suffered neuropathy in both feet for over 25 years, tried everything including back surgery. Nothing worked. About 3 years ago while driving I experienced double vision on short trip to town. Closing one eye would correct. After stopping in town the vision problem went away and did not reoccur on the trip home. A few months later the identical thing occurred. The third event on the trip to town I was in a sharp turn exiting a major hwy, I passed out, ran off road. I recovered immediately and my wife drove me home.
I went to my family practice and explained what happened, she said it was probably a TIA! I went to my cardiologist and he said I did not have TIA and that was probably a neurological problem. I did not know what I should do! That was late in 2015 and my wife was was diagnosed with breast cancer a short time later and spent most of 2016 getting her recovered. In January 2017, I experienced a severe back cramp and taken to ER. After 9 hours the cramps subsided and the doctor released me with no diagnosis. In March I experienced blurred and double vision for a short period and immediately went to an eye doctor for a complete exam, no vision problem could be found. In May driving to church to pickup wife again I had double vision as soon as the car started moving, closed one eye and parked in the church parking lot. I was immediately thirsty and had a bottle of water setting in drivers seat with my feet on ground and suddenly lost neck control and my head was between my legs. I could not stand and was lifted into back seat, the light was blinding until I got sunglasses.
My wife took me home and I was helped into my house into a recliner. In 2 hours I was feeling better but very tired. Went to family practice the next day, explained all this in detail. I got a blank stare from the nurse practitioner! I told her my son, (a PA) thought I had MG. After several minutes of computer research she thought I needed further test, chest MRI, brain scan, and after thinking I had lung cancer a complete PET scan. Nothing was abnormal and she sent my file to a neurologist here in Austin. They called and said the doctor could see me in 2 months! That was a month ago. Last week I had a short period of dropping eye lid? I have been fatigued most every day since the Sunday event.
Sorry for the length, very concerned!
Texasron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (06-27-2017), ErinBear (06-28-2017)