View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 08:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I've been back to work now since Feb 2016, I started progressively and now working Mon to Friday 8am to 3pm 30hrs/week, for me that alone is therapy on its own, just the fact of being with people and freinds helps me forget about a lot of things...I stayed home for 10 months and thaught I was going to go CRAZY! to much time to think...

I'm on a heavy dose of Mestinon every 3hrs and Imuran once a day, Mestinon Timespan at bedtime and IVIg every 3 weeks, it keeps me a float so far.

I don't do any or very little physical work it's all mental, computer, email and lots of phone calls which does get to me if I over do things "talking" I'm having a lot of bulbur symptoms which really affects my speech, my swallowing is good but all my fascial muscles, mouth, cheeks, tung and lips get numb... I take time outs and I get back on track but as my day goes on after lunch things can get really bad so when 3 pm comes I'm ready to go home and have some downtime, sometimes i take a nap for an hour or so. I feel that 6hrs is plenty for my condition, it took me a long time to be able to get to this point and hopefully hang on, I listen to.my body I'd like to be able to do more I use to work 60hrs a week, I'm enjoying what I'm doing and my boss is ok with it so far.

All I can say is that I encourage all you MG'ers to keep busy at doing something you like at your pace it really helps to.make you forget about things and gives you a sense of acceptance or contributing to something constructive by day's end...it's really helped me emotionally.
Snoel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (06-28-2017), ErinBear (06-29-2017)