View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 05:46 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hi Elna,

I scanned your post in a hurry, so i'm not sure how helpful this will be. First, I would remove teeth as a LAST resort. A good endodontist can help heal the infection and save the tooth; however, it seems like you have a medical condition that might warrant removal. Get a second opinion from a biodentist.

Dental implants are really a pain, but are the second best option if you can't keep the tooth. Ceramic is a must if you go this route.

The night guard didn't help me. I had jaw pain supposedly from clenching but i think it was a result of all the dental work i had. I recommend acupuncture treatment for TMJ;this helped me big time. I don't believe all acupuncturist practice the same though. The guy who treated me is Korean **and he followed a chart of some kind. He was excellent but a bit pricey ($60 a session, but it was well worth the money!). In contrast, some acupuncturist just stick needles everywhere and believe the healing extend throughout the body; i would stay away from this kind of practitioner.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELna View Post
I am turning this into a temp blog for myself - it helps me doing it, just for another week or so.
I met two better-than-any-so-far dentists yesterday. I am looking for the unfortunate one who will be the One, poor soul.
Truly amazed - the first one referred me to a very good oral surgeon as he thinks what I have been thinking for years but have not mentioned it to him or to anyone lately as it was always dismissed : that something sinister is going on with the bone on the upper left side. He also thinks that the healing of the extraction sites from two years ago and the remaining teeth around them give reason for concern - again, I do know, there are things poking out, it hurts and just does not feel right, but it was dismissed by each and every one and there is nothing I can do about it without a doctor. He was great, calm, he said that RC can never be 'pure' but also said that given the state of the one left RC tooth on the bottom left, I should not have it extracted as it gives no reason for concern - he said if I were to keep it he would 'bleach' the gum around it but I was to have it extracted later in the day so we didn't do it.
He also said that it is made sound easy but in fact replacement is anything but easy. He suggested I had an allergy test for everything including RC fillers and materials of possible replacements including dentures. I trusted him although this bleach thing didn't add up but I can tell he wants to do good and is open enough to not only see what he feels comfortable with.

Next up, a few hours later arrived for the extraction of the RC tooth bottom left 5 and the dentist made me sign the papers, I sat down, then he started to talk and ask and listen. He said I am right about this tooth poisoning me, I'm just wrong about the reason - he said there was a cavity on the side of the tooth which he thinks caused the gum problems as well around it, while the RC () itself and the bone looks completely fine. He also said that it is true, RC can never be 'perfect' because of the structure of the tooth (never heard a dentist say that and now 2 in a day!) and that somewhere in France they started using a new equipment that pushes steam? deep into the tooth somehow and then does the same with the filling - making it sound a bit better / more effective?
So he asked me to give him one trial with the tooth, we will know in 2 weeks whether it was only the cavity by the side of the tooth.
I was amazed by him actually wanting to do something so of course said yes (also told him that I keep the right to have it out if I need to but also didn't accept his offer to do this for free). He worked on it, said it was kind of deep but fixed now and we will see.
Funnily, gum already feels better, is that possible at all? There was a definite relief, even though the RC might still be doing its job, it is less of a trouble now for sure. And I would love for it to stay just for a little while longer - not ready.
He said he thinks my jaw is out of place and some of the pain is caused by me clenching the teeth at night (might be, but hard to tell with all the pain left behind by Ramsay H?unt) and wants to make me an NTI-tss - he's an expert in it so that makes me worry that he sees the need of it everywhere. He wants to have it done free of charge and I should pay only if I experience a positive effect within a month as he is convinced I will. Firstly I can not have have it done for free, I just can't, and I am worried that using it might just cause new problems eventually. Or - knowing my luck - immediate death by choking. I admire him for trying to help but I can not waste GBP250 for something to stand on a shelf. Or should I reward him with it for doing something that might as well be just normal from professionals? I might...
So here I am right now. Next week change of fillings where there's cavity by this last dentists colleague (as he does not normally deal with minor issues), maybe mouth guard, allergy tests, then OS on friday. He wrote an article about facial palsy as well so he might be great for me all in all.
This year I found THE neurologist (expert in RHS and PHN, can not help much but he knows what is what), THE ENT (stopped the once a month ear infections that I had since RHS), THE gynaecologist (operated and solved a long-term issue that started post RHS).
I am doing something right, however weird it might sound.

Just want to be as healthy as I probably can, deal with everything that can be made better and live with the rest in peace.
And have my jaw and teeth not poisoning me any further. I wonder how many health issues are brought on by our teeth in the end really. I wonder if the two upper RC teeth caused the VZV reactivation 3 years ago. Not that it matters now these icons

Last edited by Chemar; 06-30-2017 at 06:27 AM. Reason: NT Guidelines
FaithTelluride is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote