View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 05:55 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Symptoms return after healing

HI, new to the forum.

Last August, I crashed my drag racing car. 170 mph. I had all the required safety equipment. My left thumb was cut off and replanted that night. And I also received a concussion. I was wearing a HANS device which I believe helped, since I received no neck and spinal injuries. My head/helmet bounced in the padded roll cage, side to side.

When I was brought to the hospital by ambulance, they did a scan and there was no bleeding in the brain. Every blood vessel in my eyes popped. They were completely blood shot for about 10 days. The doctors in the hospital were more concerned about my thumb than the concussion.

When I got home, I saw my PCP and explained my symptoms. He said you have to give it 3 months. I did and the symptoms went away. I couldn't believe it. I asked if I should see a neurologist and he said it wasn't necessary.

My symptoms were getting dizzy when I got up from a sitting/laying position. If I looked up, I would get dizzy. After a car ride, when I would go to get out, I would have to adjust. At first, the sun would bother me, but that went away fast. Lastly, when I would lay my head down to sleep, ear on pillow, the room would spin for about 5 seconds.

But like I said after 3 months, all symptoms were gone. I felt great. Honestly, I was more concerned with the concussion than the replant of the thumb.

2 weeks ago, I went to the dentist to have a cavity filled on one of my front, upper teeth. The dentist give me a local and it numbed my gums, nose and side of my face. He drilled away and filled it. After that, I started to get symptoms again. Not as bad as the first time, but noticeable.

I had a second hand surgery a week ago and was knocked out with anesthesia. I went back today to remove stitches. I asked my hand doctor and she thought it might have been due to the drilling and not the local. I have yet to see my PCP yet.

Any ideas, opinions?

Thanks
Tom
grnmnstr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote