View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 07:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Blackfeather asks a good question, one that should be asked for every piece of research: What should my response be?

I will reconsider again low dose aspirin. I took this for about the first 3 years after diagnosis, but I stopped taking it, mainly out of laziness.

"Recent epidemiological studies have revealed that therapeutic use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) reduces the risk of developing PD. Here, we examined the effects of NSAIDs ... on the formation and destabilization of alphaS fibrils (falphaS) at pH 7.5 and 37 degrees C in vitro, ... All examined NSAIDs, except for naproxen and indomethacin, inhibited the formation of falphaS in a dose-dependent manner. Moreover, these molecules dose-dependently destabilized preformed falphaS."

Reference:

[1] "Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs have potent anti-fibrillogenic and fibril-destabilizing effects for alpha-synuclein fibrils in vitro."
Hirohata M1, Ono K, Morinaga A, Yamada M.
Neuropharmacology 2008
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs have potent anti-fibrillogenic and fibril-destabilizing effects for alpha-synuclein fibrils in vitro. - PubMed - NCBI
Abstract only

John
johnt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Tupelo3 (07-03-2017)