Thread: Drug Study
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 07:29 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Thumbs up

Hi Catra,

I'm so excited for you! The IV drug in the study is also called neridronate, which may show up more online. It is a bisphosphinate that has shown really good results. The original research on this was done in Italy by Dr. M Varenna . I just linked an article by him on how it works to a post by Becca a couple threads down. It is now in safety trials in the US meaning it showed enough efficacy in the first trials here to continue.

I'm sorry I can't post any links right now (traveling) but if you do a search feature here for neridronate some old posts will come up. Google Scholar will have a quite a bit on it. His studies will come up if you just put his first initial and last name. Varenna's Italian studies focused on early use but the astounding thing is most of those patients went into remission from what I recall. I think it sounds like it's definitely worth trying. The biggest risk is osteonecrosis of the jaw, I'm not sure the rates, seems like the highest I saw was up to 5-7% for some bisphosphinates but that rate can be variable drug to drug and is lower in some. Ask your doctor about that. The majority of that side effect happens in people who have a tooth extracted in a certain time. I encouraged Becca to get a dental check up if she was concerned about any of her teeth.

Let us know what happens! I hope you get in without any problem.

sending soft hugs and healing vibes, LP

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (06-30-2017), catra121 (06-30-2017), RSD ME (06-30-2017)