View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 04:11 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Headache remedy

Hi -

I just joined this group today and have not read through all responses.
In case you are still getting headaches, I highly recommend InflammoZYME -
it is a natural supplement that I get from the Medicine Store in Concord,
NH. I was in a car accident around the same time as you were and have PCS. I had horrible headaches until taking this supplement.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
I am off to an event tonight, but will be around some of tomorrow.
I am looking for good musician's ear plugs or whatever else this group recommends for noisy places. Good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtBrain View Post
Hi,

I had a car accident 7 months ago, and hit my head on the steering wheel pretty hard. Because I did not lose consciousness, nor did I forget anything, and I passed the "bedside neuro" exam with no problem, the doctor at the ER basically said, "you hit your head, you're going to have some headaches. Take a few days off, should clear up in a few weeks." He gave me a list of things to watch for and sent me on my way.

Since then, I've had some of the worst headaches in my life, and after some of them, my vision has had some distortions. I've had all sorts of appointments & scans of brain & eyes & they can't detect anything irregular. I've had significant problems with light and sound sensitivity. Also "stimulus" sensitivity, like conversation too long, or "processing" sensitivity, if someone's trying to explain something unfamiliar to me.

I did experience some improvement, but for a shorter period than I had hoped for. I found my way to this site when I had what at first I thought was just a little relapse, but now after 2 weeks of hardly being able to work (if at all), I'm once again learning this may be a lot more of a long haul than I ever imagined. I thought I had mapped out pretty well the most high-risk triggers and how much work I could expect to get done at what "cost." Overall, I achieved maybe 70% productivity, but for like 2 months or less.

After interacting with TBI sufferers, I realize this is a very small amount of time, and that comparatively speaking my issues aren't nearly as bad as they might have been.

I'm self employed and having a hard time staying afloat. As an artist and author, a lot of my identity and the natural "positive feedback loop" of my brain correlates directly with my creative output. So it's hard for me to "just rest" and not work. I love my work.

I do have one specific question, and that's this: How much fish oil would be recommended to help with mTBI? I've seen it recommended, and I started taking some. It's 1000mg liquigels, taken 3x per day. I was wondering if a higher dosage might be appropriate for mTBI.

Thank you.
jjbow2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote