Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 05:45 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Yesterday I had a very bad MS day. I got my nails done and went to buy cigarettes, but there was no way I was going to make it through the grocery store. I'll try to get there today.

I went through the folder I have kept with all the pertinent paperwork dealing with my current apartment. According to my files, we put down a $500 security deposit. There was a breakdown of charges, and I wrote a check that included that fee when we moved in. When I spoke to the office manager here, she said we only put down $99, but if the rest of that money was returned to us in some way, at some point, I have no record of it… and that's something I would usually keep. I also have no record of where the security deposit is being held, but it should be in its own interest bearing bank account (even if it's only $99), and not providing that information to tenants is against the law. Had I been given a record of that, that's something I would have kept, too. And that stuff would be in that folder.
I don't know what they have for paperwork to see what, if anything was refunded to us, but I don't know how it would end up at $99. I'll ask for copies of all of that and straighten things out before we move out.

Since I waited so long to call my brother-in-law to help with the furniture, and we hope to get him to help with the move, my husband said not to call him. He backed his work truck up closer to the door than usual yesterday. So, I think/hope he plans on taking more than one piece of furniture out this weekend. I know he plans on disassembling the bookshelf to make it easier to move…

As soon as all the Felaway stuff arrived yesterday I put a refill in the diffuser and plugged it into a socket in the cat room right away. I hope it doesn't take as long to mellow them out as it does to stop them from scratching things.

I keep searching for cat carriers. I need another large one. The big ones are expensive (even on Chewy). There are some cheaper ones, but I worry that they will be flimsy and collapse under the weight of one of the fat kitties, even though we aren't taking them far.

I'm on track to buy almost everything I need before I can see the apartment. Aside from the carrier, I'll be buying a couple other little things today and will be done until then.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-01-2017), Dmom3005 (07-04-2017), Mari (07-01-2017), mymorgy (07-01-2017)