View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 07:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=10decisions;1246184 Since my last post all of my symptoms have seemingly gone...Quote

That's fabulous news. I find PN pain a strange beast, at times I suffer with acute pain over and above the 10 scale rating; or so it seems. And at other times it's just relentless in its persistence. Then suddenly on the occasions when it's gone I can't quite recall just how severe it was or adequately describe it. I marvel at how shocked I am each time it returns..

QUOTE=10decisions;1246184 So since feeling symptom free I've found abstaining from drinking harder. In fact, it's almost felt like the first week again the last few days. I basically think about it all day. Quote

That's tough, have you considered AA or other groups including online support groups? DB doesn't have PN but has different issues. So when his acute and then chronic symptoms disappeared he struggled with not drinking. He saw a psychologist weekly for 12 months and it helped significantly. DB felt unable to participate in AA recovery groups because of his job, eventually he joined a group called Mankind Project or New Warrier Training. It's really been very helpful and he meets with them weekly along with attending weekend getaways. He was also prescribed Camparal to help alleviate the cravings. For him, it helped significantly in his first 12 months of recovery. I'm told you have to believe it will help. And DB tells me it definitely did.

QUOTE=10decisions;1246184 So I know I shouldn't drink...but it's hard!! Quote

Have a read if you will of Wide 0 2nd to last post on DB journey to sobriety. He talks about the Lizard brain. It really hit a note with DB and he has in these last few days since I read it to him been remarkably calmer and content. It's worth a read at the very least. I wish you well 10 decisions, your journey is tough but here in NT you have a ton of support from those who have considerable understanding. Hang in there.
10decisions (07-04-2017), ger715 (07-06-2017), Wide-O (07-02-2017)