View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 06:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
Have a read if you will of Wide 0 2nd to last post on DB journey to sobriety. He talks about the Lizard brain. It really hit a note with DB and he has in these last few days since I read it to him been remarkably calmer and content. It's worth a read at the very least. I wish you well 10 decisions, your journey is tough but here in NT you have a ton of support from those who have considerable understanding. Hang in there.
I'm glad that "mental picture" helped a bit.

10Decisions, it may be interesting for you to note that the one time I actually felt some kind of danger to my sobriety was in September 2013. I had gone from a 10 horrible months where I wondered what the point was, to a place where most of my pain was gone, things were looking up, and I had lost 38kg to end up just under my ideal weight. We went to a late night concert of my long time hero, at an open air theathre, we had VIP passes and an invitation to have a backstage chat, it was 30°C at 10 PM... I was even able to dance without pain. I was feeling wonderful, and that's when a craving hit me. Out of nowhere. Boom!

First time in 14 months.

Luckily, I knew about this from discussions on a forum. We are all different, but many people start struggling when things are actually looking up and they feel light and happy.

It will soon pass, and you have to see it for what it is: the addicted part of your brain seeing an opening in your resolve. It's baffling how that works, but once you are aware, it may be much much easier to deal with.
"Thanks for this!" says:
10decisions (07-04-2017), ger715 (07-06-2017), kiwi33 (07-03-2017), mrsD (07-03-2017)