View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Daniella, am I correct in

my thinking that you would be receiving injections either into your joints or muscles to ease inflammation, friction and/or pain? I've witnessed it done on animals [usually with good to fair results] and to some people I know of [usually the results are 'mixed' at best] Just be clearly aware that this is a procedure that should be done under very sterile conditions [not quite operating room type, but close] as there would be an injection of the fluid into a deep portion of either joint or muscle...that's probably why an anathesiologist would be doing it, and, rightfully so. It's just another doc who is specialized in placing the needles into you.
It's got to be your choice in deciding tho. I think the importance of such injections could be compared to either those spinal taps we get in the diagnosing process or some types of nerve blocks. I hope I understand what you are looking at and that you make a clear and well informed decision!

As for the pain after the first few days of exercise at the pain clinic? Well, YES! You would be feeling PAIN and then what seems even worse pain! That's because you are WORKING muscles and joints that haven't had that sort of WORK in a very long time! IF you can keep at it, maybe at a somewhat 'toned-down' degree, I bet you in the end you'd be surprised at what you can do?! Hugs and all that for the duration - you can cuss at me during the process, OK?

ON the long term, I really don't think pain professionals would push to to the point of doing damage....tho it mite feel like it...You will have to push yourself a bit more than the 'Im beginning to hurt' point and they say: I am REALLY HURTING now...Overcome your fear zones and adventure into the 'can do' zones? Keep us up to date somehow, please. -j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote